Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Snake

Here is the snake that we found in the backyard. Fr. Erik said it wasn't a bad snake, so we decided to bring it inside and play with it. It was about 4 feet long and really calm and friendly, but after a couple hours of handling, I think we made it's stomach get upset. It ended up throwing up it's dinner on my bedroom floor. It had eaten two baby birds. So, I ended up with these two half digested funky smelling birds on my floor and our friendly snake was taken out back where we never saw it again. I am not sure who was more traumatized, me and the kids, or the snake???
I don't think I will ever be able to look at snakes in the same way! I am sure the snake thinks the same of us. Anyways, Lesson learned: Don't go play with wild animals that are in your backyard even if they look nice!

1 comment:

  1. Only you, Gina, would bring in a snake! LOL! He probably was hungry after he barfed up all the baby birds on your floor.

    ReplyDelete